Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wed.

What a day. The weather was perfect, 70 with no humidity. We had several people who were not feeling well today. Laura and Michelle were down most of the day with flu like symptoms. Our day started with a tour of the current school. What a blessing to see the kids in class. We then were blessed with a 1 hour program put on by the children. We then sang a few songs for them in English. They kept chanting for 1 more song. I think they just wanted to stay out of class longer. I know it wasn’t because our singing was so good.

We then had to get to work. We had columns to pour, dirt to move, and doors to assemble. It was fun having everyone on one worksite. We worked well together and had fun.

It was a tough day for the crew that worked here all week. They had to say their goodbyes today. The other crew had that joy yesterday. The reason for no update yesterday was, internet issues and being very tired. Pictures will have to wait as I didn’t get them downloaded tonight.

We will be heading out tomorrow 7am. Pray for safety as we travel and healing of Michelle and Laura.

While the time has been great I also know that I do miss my girls tremendously. I can’t wait to see them. Love you Caitlynn, Hannah, & Sophie. Say hi to Snickers for me.

Mike

1 comment:

  1. When I first heard some were sick, I thought, "Nurse Michelle to the rescue!"...hut she's the sick one! I hope she and Laura feel well soon. Can't wait to see more pictures and hear more stories!

    ReplyDelete